Last night’s dish was Chicken Afritada.
Here’s how it’s done:
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 5 pieces potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2-3 pieces carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 chicken stock (broth)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
In a cooking pot or wok, heat oil.
Sauté garlic and onions.
Add chicken and slightly brown.
Pour the tomato sauce and stock. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked.
Add potatoes and carrots and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
Add the green, simmer for an additional minute or two.
Salt and pepper to taste
Serve this chicken recipe hot with steamed rice.