Sunday, November 22, 2009

Glad to meet good friends again

“Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there”


I don't really know who quote this, but I really like it.

I mean, it's true anyway... even for how many months you don't get to meet them or talk to them on the phone, somehow, once you have that bond... they're always there... if they are your true friends.

I just met my good friends today, Uba and Shane, and it feels good to meet them after so long (well, 3 months for us felt like a long time). Even for lunch, and to chat about things... or bit@$ about things... hehe. It just feels like we're back to those days where we used to hang out after class at the cafeteria and talk about stuff.

The other day (I think it was last Wednesday) Matth and I went to visit my good friend Myles. Actually, I consider these friends of mine as my sisters/ brothers... It's like they're my family here in Malaysia. I told Myles about the news that I'm pregnant and she was so happy. She just gave birth last April to a beautiful baby girl, and she was happy to know that I'm also going to have one of my own.

I heard someone quote this before, I think it was in a TV show... It goes... "Good friends are our strength." I believe in that too. Being far from one's family, just isn't that easy, I'm glad to have good friends who are always there... whether it is to help, comfort, listen or just be there for me in one of those days when you need someone.

My husband Matth has also been like my best friend, we share any problems, happiness, dreams, at times I also bit@$ about things to him (not that I have a lot to bit@$ about :-) ) but he listens to me too.... and I'm very lucky to have that kind of relationship with him.

I guess what I'm trying to say here... is that we should always appreciate every bit of blessing that God has given us through our friends...

...and we should also let them know how much we appreciate them being there.


No comments:

Post a Comment